Monday, October 22, 2007

Hounds of Love

Aha! Finally got blogger to work again!

Friday I participated in the "24 Hour Comics Day"

The goal is to do 24 completed and ready for print pages in 24 hours.

I attempted to do a story I've had laying around since last year (I've been itching to do it though)

Key word: attempted. At the 14th hour I was ready to begin inking the 24 pages when I realized that I was running out of "Juice." (I only had 3-4 hours of sleep the night before)

So, I stopped and decided to
just complete the inking on my own time so I'll have a nicer completed product. I'm really happy with the story. It's a lot different from what I usually do, but it's something I've been wanting to get at for a while. Hopefully it'll turn out well.

I'm definitely doing it again next year.

In other Joe/Sequential news, I've FINALLY come up with a concept for the anthology this year. I've already done a few quick sketches. After all this time of going crazy trying to come up with something the idea hit me right before falling asleep at 5 am the other night...I'm going to do my take on "Jack and the Beanstalk" Should be a good ole time. I should probably finish it before I go back to the 24 page comic (and also my one page comic for art history about Schliemann)

Anywhoo
Here's a Get Bent you may have missed. Some sketches, a house across the street from my apartment, and some "Star Wars if it were a western" Character designs.



Guess Who:


No comments: