Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Haribo Gold Bears

Here's my version of a "Batmobile."






And a Saloon layout.


I'm kinda getting bored with things lately.
Any good artists I should check out?
Interesting comics that don't involve people in tights, or depressed white guys living pitiful and depressing lives?
Any good music out there?
Good books I should read?
Movie maybe?
Pamphlet?

Anything interesting?



Oh, and before I forget:

"cartooning will destroy you; it will break your heart."
-Charles Shulz

5 comments:

Amism said...

Yay for updates!

Joe Bevill said...

Amy I needs your help for reals...

Isaac Klunk said...

Have you read Kevin Huizenga's "Curses" yet? That's the last newish thing I read that I thought was really, really good. Lots of white guys, but not particularly pathetic or depressed... :)

Joe Bevill said...

Thanks! I'll check it out. (And some other stuff from Drawn and Quarterly)

I don't mind the lots of white guys. I've just kinda been like, "meh" with comics lately. It's like the only options on the book shelves are Spandex/Depression/Manga.

Isaac Klunk said...

Yeah, D&Q seems to have whole bunch of really solid stuff, especially these days. I just thought of this, have you read any of Adrian Tomine's work? That's some good alt stuff that isn't whiney (for the most part).

I should probably tell you this kind of thing when I see you in class, but it always sort slips my mind. hee hee