Monday, February 12, 2007

I was so excited to do such normal things with you...



Here's two pages from one of the "Mississippi Mythology" stories I wrote. I really should go back and finish it up. I like how they're taken out of context here (guy in bed, random people fighting, lady attacks a preacher) I assure you if it were completed it would make sense!
I rarely post my pencil's up because I usually work fairly loose and I'm sure nobody wants to see me scribble all over the place!



Here's a little color study I did in water color of one of my mom's flowers...it's so hard to scan a friggin painting then get the colors to what they are in real life. (I think they're poinsettia's)


I went to the mini comics workshop at turner saturday night and it was pretty cool. I got to trade with a few people and mingle with a my fellow sequential kids. I saw a mini there that was done on legal paper and that gave me a great idea: Get Bent is definitely going to be printed that size! I want it to be kinda just obnoxious and in your face and why not print it bigger than a normal mini? (Also, it'll keep me from having to print the strips horizontal)

The Simpsons storyboards are coming along...
My ten comic strips for cartooning are being written still. It's a bit more difficult this time because I have to keep it clean. It's kinda funny because the longer things I've written aren't as "extreme" as my short works. Go figure.

I'm SO happy to be able to make music again (and even with someone else again).
It's nice to have some system of checks and balances going on so it's not all of my craziness going on. It'll also help me keep too much personal junk out of my lyrics.

If you haven't heard em yet. (Fourteen songs from last summer/winter break.)

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jbevil20/BMJ%20S06/


Also, classes I'm hopefully taking next quarter: Psychology, Backgrounds Prop's and Structures, and Pen and Ink II

Good times.
This week should be an interesting one.

2 comments:

Amism said...

I like the first 3 panels on the second page.

Anonymous said...

i like the flower.

~Ausitn~